Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just Another Day at Work

I found myself in the funniest position today. Thought I'd tell you all and share a giggle.

I went to work this morning and was tending to my boss (Rocco) when his wife came stumbling in all sleepy eyed and staggering like a drunk. It was nothing new for her to do this, she's never been a morning person.

She stood by me as I was brushing Rocco's hair (he's quadriplegic) and she says, "You guys, I can hardly move. I feel like I've been hit by a truck."

I looked over at her in wait for an explanation. She began laughing hysterically which of course gave me the giggles (easy to do) and she says, "My shoulder and neck hurt so bad I don't think I can be of much help today." still laughing herself to tears.

Now all 3 of us are laughing and I have no idea why. She looks at me rubbing her shoulder and asks me to feel if anything seems out of whack, (as I'm a certified massage therapist). I say yes and feel her rhomboid muscle and find its knotted all to hell. I say, "Oh yeah, you did a job on that. You should ice it and let it rest a day or so." Now curious, I stop the giggling and ask, "How did this happen?"

Very calm and totally naturally she says, "Oh I got into a car accident yesterday." waving her hand at me like its no big deal. One look from me and of course she spills the beans. "I was just stopping at a red light when a car full of 'things' sped through the 3 lanes of traffic and tried to cut in front of me to turn into a business parking lot." she said with a doe eyed expression. (her definition of 'things' would be a bunch of crazy PR teens. I apologize if you're reading this and happen to be PR but in our area, they're just rampant juveniles looking for trouble.)

So anyway, it was a minor accident where both vehicles were virtually unharmed...only minor damage at unimportant parts of the cars...and no one was hurt. Two cops and a citation later (to the 'thing' driving the speeding car that is) My boss's wife came back home and did little else about it.

Well being the morning after she was feeling it. So as we discussed all this, it was raining like hell outside, my boss is a quadriplegic, and I have a broken foot! Imagine the sight of us 3 in the bathroom as we discussed all this! LOL!!

We finally made it down stairs for breakfast and realized that despite our best efforts to stop the people from coming, tag salers are STILL trying to rummage through the garage! Sighing we all kind of look at each other like, 'who's going to tend to these people?' I sure wasn't going to volunteer! LOL!! My boss's wife (Dolores) bursts into yet another fit of laughter and says, "We cant go out there like this! They'll think we were all in some horrific accident! Me wincing with a stiff neck and sore shoulder, Rocco in the wheel chair and you with a broken foot!"

We all burst out laughing and sent my son Jake out to take care of business. The boy made out like a bandit! LOL!! He even got several  people to go home and come back with trucks! Hahahahhaa!!! And he's only 10!! That's my boy!!

Minutes later she yells at me for being on my feet. Well its my job to be on my feet as I'm her husband's care taker and do all the things he can no longer do! So I argued my position. She began laughing again! Once the fits of contagious laughter had ended she said, "Okay, here's what we'll do, I'll be the legs and get you whatever you need to work with Rocky, and you'll be the arms and do all the paperwork, and Rocky will be the brains and work out all the issues!"

I looked at her after a moment of silence rang through the enormous kitchen and said, "We're ganna need a LOT of duct tape." We were all laughing so hard we were crying!

I guess you really had to be there, but it was a very entertaining sight today. LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment