Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Twitter Friends

For those of you who may be a tad curious, I will ease your wandering minds. I've come to realize that you all have very different ideas of who I am and where I come from. As....well I don't want to name names but his initials are CHRIS, thought I was a freaking Canadian!! I suddenly feel the need to tell you all a little about myself.

Jamie already knows so she'll probably just skim over this blog but for the rest of you I'll be brief.

I grew up a foster child. I spent most of my childhood bouncing from home to home experiencing nearly every kind of abuse there is, and attended countless schools in nameless towns. I've lived all over the state of Maine which landed me on the BORDER (Chris) of Canada. So close to the border that my very first apartment was on the street the customs bridge is on. I used to walk across without so much as flashing my ID to go to the gym or just to smuggle cigarettes and booze across the border.....ahem....So when I tease you Canadians, I do it with personal knowledge of your kind ;)

I was 16 when I got my first apartment. It was a struggle but I eventually managed to convince a judge that I was perfectly capable of living on my own. I worked in a Perfume Factory at night and attended High School during the day. Once I graduated I moved back to Massachusetts which is where I originally come from and where my father and his side of the family lives.

My intention was to attend college and work...both things I couldn't do in the pow dunk town of Madawaska, Maine. Upon my arrival in MA I found myself with child at the age of 19 and had my son Jacob who I am constantly tweeting about as he is so very entertaining! My reconciliation with my father failed miserably and we no longer speak at all.

My son is my world now. He also happens to be a child who suffers from High functioning Autism and severe ADHD. He is a firecracker!!

As interesting as he makes my life, he has taught me a great deal. More than I ever thought possible. I know I'm a wise ass but I've earned the right to be. I know too much, I've seen it all and I'm certain I've got much to teach. Not that I want to ....LOL!!

So I live with my son and my cat (who also is sick with Asthma) I work as a PCA (Personal Care Assistant) and I have no family to speak of other than my sister who I speak to over the phone once or twice a month but almost NEVER see. (she's made herself comfortable in a life of crime so we don't connect often)

All the stories I tell you about family or childhood are simply tiny memories from a much larger picture that is now fading with age.

So I hope this helped to clear things up a little bit. This is why I'm a machine and this is why I work so hard, and this is why I will NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!!

Love ya peeps :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I hadn't read this post! You are a strong woman. I admire you. God Bless <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lili...I pride myself on my strength ;) LOL!! No really I wouldn't trade my life for another at all. We all have our purpose. It made me who I am. :)

    ReplyDelete